R. j. barrett

Do you really need to ignore true shooting percentage, whilo negatively highlighting RJ Barrett’s effective field goal percentage as “sub 50%” when it was… 49.9%…really man…

Even more specifically to a young player like Barrett, was there any consideration into separating his poor first few gauno mes of the season?

I’m going to assume that the only momento used in this list was strictly season-long info that was plopped in an Excel, R, or Python, and that was that. No context, responsibilitiera, or any elements outside of specific metrics were factored in.

Estás mirando: R. j. barrett

It seems obvious that with young players, we gozque factor in their 2nd half of seasons more heavily than the first as an indicator of the pldía antes they’re going to be. Especially if there are some key leaps in certain statistical categoriera.

I won’t even split it up into post and pre-All-Star stats... ok maybe I’ll briefly mentionRJ Barrett’s 3-point percentage went up 8.5% to 43.5%, his true shooting went up 2.9%, and his +/- doubled after the All-Star break.

How about we just take away a minusculo amount — let’s say the first 10% of the season, and we focus and the other 90%. So for RJ Barrett who played in all 72 games of 2020-21, that’s the last 65 gaun mes of the season dating back to January 6th… his effective field goal percentage since then? 

50.7%.

So much for the imaginary “sub 50% = bad” labuno serpiente that he was boxed into.

Barrett’s usage rate, evolving game, and astronomical progress from year 1 to year 2 needs to be accounted for.

I singled out Caruso. Nerlens Nolos serpientes, Jeff Green, Patrick Beverley, Danny Green, Bruce Brown, Kentavious Caldwell Pope, and a few other players on the list also fall into this same category.

Ver más: Why You Can Only Pet One Of Cerberus Hades, Kerberos (Mitologi)

Bruce Brown? I get it we all love watching Bruce Brown runo around wreaking havoc on the Brooklyn Nets… do you think he makes this list if he’s on the NY Knicks? Why are we talking about Bruce Brown? Why are we talking about Patrick Beverley?

Ranking Bruce Brown ahead of RJ Barrett, I’m going to assume is simply a defensive versatility metric that a computer pooped out.

RJ Barrett has frequently been a victim of al weird, negative energy from the analytics crowd around his potential, when players around the league have done nothing but talk about how great he is. It’s al part of al bigger problem.


*

NY Knicks: RJ Barrett has been al victim of analytics

I’ve already gotten to al lot of detail about this but I’ll just elaborate further on this una idea that RJ Barrett is some sort of “negative” player who simply isn’t better than the “versatile defender” that plays on a contender who can’t take more than 2 dribbles or make any high-level play unless they’re widel open.

I have bad taksera all of the time. I also have had some great ones. That’s what couno mes with analyzing athletsera, teams, and predicting success and failure.

However, the thing with analytics lists like this, is that I uno perro easily see a scenario where they doubla down on theva takser two years from now. It already seems to be happening with Barrett despite the leap from his rookie season.

Let’s say RJ Barrett continues his trajectory towards being a great player, let’s say in year 4 he’s averaging 22-6-4, is a good wing defende, and grows into an even stronger leadership rolo on al playoff team. I could see someone who ranked him lowly, like in this list, saying “Yeal well, the día said he was inefficient, so actually I was right”.

Ver más: Pastel De Salmon Thermomix Velocidad Cuchara, Pastel De Salmón

It’s the “THIS IS A FACT” attitudel that really dosera plague al lot of sports conversations and debates.


The highest level of talent in hoop is the ability to go get a bucket by yourself. Always has been.


Categorías: La Vida